Saturday, March 17

Captive Abbas al-Sayyed refuses to give DNA samples



TULKAREM, (PIC)-- Abbas al-Sayyed, a detained Hamas leader, refused to give a saliva sample to the Jalbu' prison administration which is collecting prisoner data to keep in a database, according to a letter he sent to his wife with his lawyer informing her of what happened.

He said: "I was taken out on Tuesday from my isolation cell with my hands and feet shackled as usual to the yard of section 4 in Jalbu’ where there was a team of police taking saliva samples as well as finger and hand prints from captives for these to be kept in a database of the occupation police."

He added: “The police behaved as bandits who have nothing to do with implementing the law. I refused to deal with them, they threatened me with violence so I said: there is no law which forces me to give samples, and I will not."

“ The occupation polic claimed that there was such a law, so I asked to see it, they told me they do not have the text on them and that I could ask my lawyer. "I rejected their threats. They later showed me a piece of paper with part of text in the form of a letter to the captives and the captives should see it, but they are even denying this right to Palestinian captives.

 "I examined the text and found that they should inform me and have my consent for the procedure, which did not happen either. If I did not consent they can use reasonable force to take hair samples instead of saliva [according to their law] and they could ask for increasing my sentence, so I told them: I will only leave here as part of an exchange deal and will not sign any documents, the person who will be forced  to sign is your president."
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment