Sunday, September 2

Palestinian Prisoners' "Museum".

Susan Howard-Azzeh

There is a snide tone in the Gideon Levy article below that disturbs me, but I'm posting the article anyway because I'm sure many are unaware of this memorial to Palestinian political prisoners.
I saw a very moving memorial to Che Guevara in Cuba a couple years ago http://www.hellocuba.ca/itineraries/310Che_Memorial.html) and had hoped one day we would have something similar to commemorate Palestinian freedom fighters. (The museum and memorial in Santa Clara houses the remains of Che Guevara and sixteen fellow combatants after his exhumed remains were returned to Cuba from Bolivia. His burial chamber is designed like the Sierra Maestra forests he fought in with natural greenery, wood and the sound of water. Very moving).
I am curious to see photos or video of the Abu Jihad Political Prisoners Museum.







.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment