Thursday, October 9

I want to tell the world - Did You Hear Me?

Tell the World

I want to tell the world

By Nahida

This is a Blog post I saw and read on the Palestinian Mother’s forum. I found it so powerful and so important that I wanted to spread this message further on, and I told Nahida that we need to tell the world - together! And I asked her if I could re-post it here, to which she agreed…

_______________




I want to tell the world

********************************

I want to tell the world
A story


About a home With a broken lantern







And a burnt doll




About a picnic That wasn’t enjoyed








About an axe That killed a tulip








A story about a fire That consumed a plait








I want to tell a story About a goat That wasn’t milked





About a mother’s dough That wasn’t baked







About a wedding That wasn’t celebrated






And a girl That didn’t grow up





About a football That wasn’t kicked





About a dove That didn’t fly





I want to tell a story About a key That wasn’t used






About a classroom That wasn’t attended








About a playground That was silenced





About a book That wasn’t read






About a besieged lonely farm
And about its fruits That weren’t picked





A story about a church That’s no longer prayed in





And a mosque That with no longer stands





And a culture No longer rejoiced







I want to tell a story About a muddy grassy roof








About a stone That faced a tank




About a stubborn flag That refuses to lie down






I want to tell the world A story




Now Light a little candle for Palestine





Light a candle One little candle
Watch the darkness fade away
Just try it out

One ray of light
Wipes away the gloomiest
Jet-black nights
As the dawn breaks
Just observe
Can you see that
All the might of darkness
In the world
Cannot extinguish
The faintest flicker
Of a beam of light
Light a candle
One little candle
Watch the darkness fade away
You can do it

Hey.. WORLD
Did you hear me?

Source: Alice; Jerusalem, Israel
Alice is not my real name. It’s a nickname I took up about two years ago on my previous Blog on Yahoo. I live in Jerusalem since 1995, when I arrived in Israel. It’s been about two years that I started to have a good look onto what’s going on the “other side of the Wall”, and I haven’t stopped to think and write about it ever since…
sourced also at Attending The World
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment