1. Send an email to MP by clicking here. You’ll see we suggest a text which you can edit to your liking. Our tool looks up your MP by postal code. Be sure to complete step 2 in the process to ensure your MP gets your email.
2. Call your MP. Click here to look up your MP by postal code, and then his/her telephone number. A call is extremely effective, as MPs take note of all communications on every topic.
3. Sign our petition to the Canadian government, if you have not already. Our petition calls Canada to pressure for an end to the violence. Over 9000 people have already signed it. We sent the petition and signatures to all MPs earlier this week, but will send it again as the assault drags on, and as the signatures grow.
4. Influence those around you – use our “8 Crucial Points about the conflict between Israel and Gaza” to jumpstart the discussion. Helping average people understand the legitimate grievances of the Palestinian people is key to changing public opinion over time.
5. Get out in the street and demonstrate. There are demonstrations planned in the coming days across Canada. The full list of demonstration details can be found here. Show our elected leaders that they can't ignore the suffering and loss of life in Gaza and Israel.
While it is easy to feel hopeless and overwhelmed, the people of Palestine need us to stand up for them. Palestinians will have justice one day, so let’s do our part to bring that day closer.
The CJPME Leadership Team
Email CJPME - CJPME Website