LATEST UPDATE — August 30 2010: Max Blumenthal reports from a conference supporting the rabbi(older updates at bottom.)
The ultra-fundamentalist Od Yosef Hai yeshiva in the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar is infamous for its involvement in settler violence against Palestinians. Memorably, one of the students fired a homemade “Kassam” rocket at the neighboring village of Buri.... This morning, Maariv reports that the Yeshiva’s dean has just published on the proscribed dos and don’ts (mainly the former) regarding the killing of gentiles. Here are some choice excerpts.
A full translation of the Maariv article can be read after the jump.
- November 12 2009 – Glenn Greenwald has a good comparative analysis of Muslim, Christian and Jewish fundamentalist terror and Jim Sleeper blasts critics of the Ft. Hood massacre who choose to ignore Jewish fundamentalist terror.
- November 13, 2009 – JJ Goldberg points out that you can’t tell all Rabbis by the company they keep, Richard Silverstein sees the connection between this publication and the Jewish terrorist Jack Teitel and MJ Rosenberg blasts Krauthammer for selectively attaching religion to terrorism.
- November 14, 2009 – Ori Nir provides a useful catalog of Jewish terrorist activity 1978. I would argue that the he should have included the many incidents over the past few years, some of which have resulted in loss of life, that settlers have used the ”Price Tag“ tactic — violent attacks on Palestinians aimed at to deterring the IDF. This is is terrorism in the narrow definition of the term.
- November 15, 2009 – Brig. Gen. Avichai Rontzki, IDF Chief Rabbi and a resident of the West Bank settlement of Itamar told settler soldiers last Thursday that ’troops who show mercy to enemy will be damned.’ Lara Friedman provides a comprehensive backgrounder on Ronztki and his fundamentalist influence on the IDF. Richard Silverstein draws parallels in religious motivation between recently apprehended settler terrorist Jack Teitel and Nidal Malik Hasan, the instigator of the Ft. Hood massacre.
- November 16, 2009 – Avrum Burg on how this kind of Judaism inspires murder: “”Just go to a synagogue on Sabbath eve. Go in and pick up the weekly Parasha [Torah portion] commentary pages, read them and you will see that Teitel is not alone. Teitel is just one of an entire plantation of bad weed. Some of those pages are actually financed by the state, through the Ministry of Religious Affairs. The racist lore, as taught by the rabbis of Hebron and Bet El, is everywhere. In the end, someone gets up and does the deed. We tend to ignore this, but horrible things happen there. It is in the air. I know those people. Some of them are my relatives. They do terrible things and we fail to notice.”
- November 19, 2009 – Haaretz’s Akiva Eldar, based on Yesh Din data, reveals that the Rabbi’s Yeshiva is funded by the Israeli government.
- December 6 2009 — Rabbi Elitzur and Ode Yosef Hai Yeshiva lead preparations for terrorizing West Bank Palestinians.
- December 15 2009 — Haaretz uncovers US federal tax exemptions for American charities funding the rabbi.