Latest News

URGENT APPEAL FOR FUNDS TO KEEP US ONLINE

Your financial support what ever amount helps us sustain our activities as well as grow!





Saturday, November 17

Gaza Speaks To The World Are You Listening
- 0


I would love to write poetry about love,
Paint rainbows and butterflies,
Smell the scent of pink rose buds,
And dance;
Dance with the melody of jubilant bluebirds


                                       
                                   I would love to close my eyes and see children smiling
No guns pointing at their heads
Tell them stories of lily-like fairies in far-away lands
Not of bullets shrieking…. missiles exploding

                                                                                 But
How can I?


How can I?


How can I?


How can I?

                                                           
                                                         There is a dagger in my heart
I am hurting
Hurting
I bleed,
I cringe
I cry

                                      
                                               
                                    HUMANITY, WHERE ARE YOU?
                                      
                                          
                                             
                                                             I am being slaughtered
Under your watchful eyes
I am cold… cold…. cold
I cringe
I cry
                                                 
                                                     
                                               Humanity, where are you?


                                       
                                           Why do you turn your face away?
Why do you keep looking the other way? 

                   
                                                                         I am here
Languishing
In Gaza's alleyways

                                         
                                                     Humanity, where are you?
                                                           
                                                             
                                                                       Look at me
See me
I am here
Sighing
In Gaza's alleyways
I cringe I cry
                                               

                                               
                                                                      Humanity,
Enough turning the other way !
Turning a deaf ear
Turning a blind eye  


                                                           While I, and oh !
My poor children
Die .


                                                                   

 Source: Uprooted Palestinians
« PREV
NEXT »

No comments

Post a Comment