Wednesday, June 6

Please sign this petition so we can get justice for my brother Ziad

Dear Friends
On June 11, 2010, my niece’s lives were forever changed when their father, Ziad Jilani, was shot and killed in Israel by police/military in an area of Jerusalem. After what has been a harrowing time for my sister in law and nieces, there is a chance that the person who fired the fatal shots will escape any conviction for their actions; that Ziad’s life does not matter and can be dis-regarded. So I am writing to you on behalf of my nieces, and for all parentless children who have endured their loss and to minimize more losses, NO MORE. Ziad was college-educated, a humanitarian to all who he knew, and a person who prayed for a better world for his children. He was looking forward to taking his girls to dinner on June 11, 2010 – instead he was buried. This is his story and I hope you will watch the brief video of his life, their life and Ziad’s last moments alive: http://killingwithoutconsequence.com/ 
  
In the second it took the soldier to shoot the last bullets – in the back and face of an unarmed man – he forever altered the life of my whole family. What world is this that this is ok? Most importantly I challenge you to say ‘NO MORE’. On June 20, 2012 the Israeli State Prosecutor will decide if Ziad’s killer will be brought to justice.  I have emailed you with no response.  We have no support from politicians here in the US, and minimal for my sister in law in Israel from the US Embassy in Tel Aviv.  My sister in law and nieces are all US citizens and Ziad had a US green card. Please do help give justice to my sister in law and her daughters and to the memory of Ziad.  I implore you to help and not let Ziad’s death be in vain. 
  
http://www.change.org/petitions/israeli-state-prosecutor-bring-criminal-charges-against-ziad-jilani-s-killer-maxim-vinogradov?share_source=flash-widget_em 
  
Please join us for one of the memorials that will be held in Jerusalem, New York, and Los Angeles on June 11th. Please see http://killingwithoutconsequence.com/for details and locations. 
  
Thank you for your time and support. 
 I look forward to hearing from you. 
Iman Jilani
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment