Friday, July 30

At Ben Gorion Airport …Welcome to Mars!!!

Yusef

Just arrived … and behind me twenty five… new arrivals,,, new comers,,, new emigrants,,, Jews … looking more like Russian or Ukrainians coming on a cruise.

The Israeli policewoman at the passport control guided them to the next window There, a green lighted sign over the booth, written on it “OLIM”…. A Hebrew word which means: “ascending people”… But where???
From Israeli perspective it is “their ascend to Yerushalaim!!!”

For me; I saw them, carrying blue bags with Israeli flags … blue and white,,, with stripes,,, with some few words and signs. They looked like tourists, like they were on a package deal… on a trip… I immediately imagined a trip to the moon, or future new settlers in Mars,,, arriving at the new land,,, at an empty planet.

Well, they had a guide who spoke their language… I had a border policeman to guide me to the interrogation,,, to the baggage screening and body search. I am writing this while from inside the closed room,,, where my luggage is being checked and my body will go later. I am still writing and left them to go through my stuff,,, my presents and my dirty cloths…

They go to a hotel tonight… I go home.

In a week time,,, they become citizens… New settlers they become…

I go back to defend my own existence,,, my family roots,,, my brother’s absence, and my neighbor’s being jailed…

I will meet them one day…

They will be in army suites,,, and I will be praying in Jerusalem…
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment