Thursday, October 8

"Not 'Independent' And Not 'Jewish,'" letter to the editor, National Post,

Here is a letter of interest published in the ultra Conservative National Post. Written by a member of Independent Jewish Voices (Canada)

Ed CorriganAn independent Jewish voice

National Post Published: Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Re: Not 'Independent' And Not 'Jewish,' letter to the editor, Sept. 23.

I have read numerous articles and letters concerning Independent Jewish Voices, and I am angered by the hysteria, innuendo and downright misrepresentations of that group, of which I am a member. I am proud to be Jewish, and I would like to see an Israel that doesn't beat up its neighbours and then wrap itself in the Holocaust as justification for treating Palestinians like dirt. I have been to both Israel and the West Bank, and I have seen the injustices of the Occupation with my own eyes. We Jews are under no obligation to agree with the self-styled "mainstream" Jewish organizations, or blindly support the actions of the Israeli government, and anyone who says that we are "self-hating Jews" if we don't do those things is a liar and a fool.

David Copelin, Toronto.
Share:

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment